Thursday, February 24, 2011

A new watercolour journal is born..

I spent at least half an hour in Eckersley's on Sunday morning just roaming the shelves and checking out the supplies...so much fun in that shop. I ended up buying myself some watercolour paper, brushes and a set of paints...I have had good paints over the years but left them in Canada...also bought some watercolour pencils and a couple of pretty papers for my journal.
Don gave me a rose for Valentine's Day and it was still okay although a little droopy, so I drew it first...my drawing skills are a little rusty...funny when I don't draw often that happens...

and then i painted it...I find watercolour SO difficult but I love work done by other artists and so have been inspired to try again...maybe just a watercolour journal is a good start as I can practice and know that I'm not attempting a real 'painting' which is going to be on display or 'judged' harshly by...me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment