Sunday, November 15, 2009

Beside my Bed


I thought I might share what's currently beside my bed currently being read, waiting to be read or just finished.
'The Time Traveller's Wife' Audrey Niffenegger Such a lovely book. Really well written and a beautiful love story.
'The Interrogation' M. G. Le Clezio Alon left this here for us and I started reading it on the train but it got a bit heavy for 7am. About a French man who has just left the army from what I remember
'Misconceptions' Sophie Townsend Australian book set in Sydney about a couple and the women's best friend. The main character falls pregnant after two years of trying and it evocatively looks at each characters point of view and how this pregnancy completely changes everyone's world. One of my favourite's that I've read in awhile.
'Kafka on the Shore'Murakami A bookclub book that I'm a month behind in reading but very interested to read.
'Affection' Ian Townsend I was reading this when I was lent the Time Traveller's Wife and it got put to the side. Set in Northern QLD at the turn of the century I couldn't like the main character so I wasn't really getting into it. Not sure if I'll finish it before it goes back to the library.
'A Theory of Moments' James Knight I've been slowly reading this for awhile. This is the true story of a Sydney couple who hit their 40's and decided to head overseas for a year and travel through South America and Africa. Some beautiful scenes and characters. Makes me want to go to a soccer game in Brazil.
'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Stieg Larsson Liz read this for her book club and said it was surprisingly good. I'll get to it eventually.
'Colour' Victoria Finlay Bec from work lent me this and it's about one woman's journey around the world to discover the origin of various colours and how they were first used in art. Looks awesome!
'The Catcher in the Rye' J.D. Salinger Saw this at the library and picked it up without knowing much about it. It's currently my train book and it's fantastic. Holden Caulfield is a lovable teenager full of angst and makes me want to say 'phony' and 'goddamn' all the time. Oh and everything 'Kills him', whether it's good or bad. Fantastic book!
Mum I tried to get into the Circle and the Cross but I didn't get very far. I might try again over summer. If I get distracted by another book it's generally not a good sign!
Various Haunts of Men by Susannah Hill I started but I can't even remember what it's about so obviously didn't leave a big impact.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment