Sunday, January 15, 2012

Summer Rain..




Last post was about the heat and now it is raining and raining and its much cooler...we live on Buderim hill and the tv towers are up in the clouds today. It is a wet cold day perfect for snuggling up with a book and a cuppa...I have a cup of tea and the tennis is on...we are very cosy in here after spending an hour or so at the gym...and then buying a couple of Aussie pies at the bakery afterwards..sort of defeats the purpose of the gym as they are definitely not diet food..but yuuummy...
I am having my tea in a big beautiful mug from T2 which was a chrissie prezzie from Trudy two christmasses ago...it is a gorgeous sky blue with old fashioned pink roses along the inner rim...very feminine.
Well since I began writing this I have ventured out..I needed my raincoat, pretty umbrella, (thanks again Trudes) and my gumboots...there weren't many people out walking funnily enough but I loved it...cool and fresh and NOT HOT...I really don't enjoy the heat in our Australian summers so these cooler times are great.
The top pic is from our balcony...normally this view, past the trees in the garden, is of the ocean and in front of that all the housing down below us, but as you can see on days like this there is nothing to see....

1 comment:

  1. Looks so nice! Love that cup. I went out for a rid today and turned around and came back, it was so wet and cold!

    ReplyDelete