Friday, September 18, 2009

new art class

I am starting an oils art class on Monday...I thought we would still be away so wouldn't be able to do the first class but of course due to bed bugs...!! we are back and I can start after all this Monday. We went over to the art shop called Wallacks this arvo and I bought some oil paints...only 4 colours as we are using a limited palette...which is good. Also got a wooden palette as she likes wood and little clip on pots for cleaning my brushes. It should be fun.

While I was there at the shop, I was looking at some wax encaustic work. It is really nice. Maybe I will be able to do one of those classes before I come back. You need a lot of equipment to melt the wax and keep it melted etc...and it has to be well ventilated but it looks like fun.

Melanie came over for dinner tonite after work. She was happy it is the weekend I think. And I was able to speak to Alex briefly tonite as Don worked that out finally. Al was playing at Eumundi market tho and couldn't speak for long.

I am going to sew tomorrow and muck around with making felt again. I made some last week from old jumpers and I like the result...

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment