Thursday, March 4, 2010

my perfect world...

....my perfect world would be one leafy street with all my family and friends living on it...everybody from Canada and Australia....Trudy, Tom, Alex, Melanie and David and now Melanie's new man, Phillipe and Nikki and Dan and Col and Leonie and Sandra and Desley and the street could float across the ocean from one side of the world to the other and we could visit each others' countries with minimum effort...I could take all the Aussies for coffee and shopping in Westboro and the Canadians I would take up to the market at Eumundi and down to some of the nice book shops around Brisbane where Trudy and Tom go. David could show Alex the local Montreal music scene and Alex introduce Dave to the coast musicians. And we could bring some of that great Canadian art back here...the 2 80-something year old mums could meet each other...one still doing the salsa, the other no longer able to communicate...we could snow ski when we felt like it and go to hockey games...(there is only one kind of hockey!!) and snorkel the next day...and I would always be available to nurse my kids when they have knee operations....

1 comment: