Monday, December 5, 2011

Art

I have started some more wire hearts...the vines are on and the foliage and flowers are in progress...on the heart below I spent a few hours sewing vintage fabrics and scarves into what I thought looked like flowers but at the end of it all I realized it all looked as though I had just wrapped some old material around the wire...hmmm..all that for not a lot. So back to the trusty wire ribbon roses...or roses made from gathered ribbons...like the pink one below. I'm trying to achieve a look that is floral and pretty but not too twee.. unique I suppose...I'll keep going until I achieve the effect I want...it will happen..it just sometimes takes longer than I want when I'm not even sure what I'm doing..(make sense?).

These 3 paintings are finally finished..I think..I have added some stitching to them if you can see that..I really had fun with these...I had no idea what they would be when I first put paint on the canvasses so it was very freeing..


1 comment:

  1. I really love those paintings! And the wire heart is looking good. I like that you are just experimenting.

    ReplyDelete