Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mingary Mountain Retreat

This past weekend 4 of us went on a retreat to Mount Mee which is only an hour away from home. We stayed in this gorgeous big home - lots of bedrooms and bathrooms with nice touches throughout...little sayings and books to read.. a piano to play if we wanted...
Looking down the drive to the house nestled in the trees and the shed on the left...

2 of the balconies..the bottom one was off the dining room and kitchen and we spent a bit of time out here..looking out into the trees...with no other houses around us.
Part of the extensive garden.
Buddhas to greet us at the front door...and....
birdbaths and...
the most beautiful gardenias which were also laid out on our towels and in the bathrooms..their scent is so gorgeous..I brought some of them home and I can still smell them.
Lots of carved hands were placed around the rooms...
I really enjoyed the weekend...to be with 3 other women all committed to their personal growth and spiritual health was fantastic and I learnt a lot from them..We did some guided meditations and went out in the garden walking and laughed a lot too of course.
It was time out from life I suppose but also time for reflection.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so nice! I want to go there together when I come home. I like the carved hands and the flowers.
    Love you. xx

    ReplyDelete