Saturday, February 18, 2012

Works in progress...

Laura gave me a bag of small canvasses and so I felt free to play with them with no agenda....I painted the surfaces and then glued down wing/leaf shapes from maps with bits 'chomped' out by the hole puncher, and then applied leaves and flowers randomly with carveable paste and stencils...lots of fun using those...and then added home made quotes and poems...haven't shown all of them here...

This piece above is painted on an old board from Desley and Albert's place...I love the texture of the timber and the weight of it...not sure where this is headed...its still on my table to play with..
This is a real close-up of the embroidery and applique..
I embroidered the fabric 'hinge' on this notebook also using some appliqued printed flowers and pieces of vintage embroidery from doileys...the yellow and orange flowers on the book cover are glued on..

No comments:

Post a Comment