Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brisbane in July


We've had the most beautiful weekend here after a cold week.
Friday night we went to Tim and Ree's and had drinks and yummy pizza. It was nice to hang out with them, we haven't seen them in awhile.
Saturday morning I went to the Osteo who twisted me into a pretzel and told me I need to stretch or my knee will be buggered . . . fun times.
I met Laura for lunch in West End and we had a good talk.

Last night Tom, Alex and I went to Laura's (my boss) restaurant in Albion. It was so wonderful. Mario, Laura's husband is the head chef and the food was so awesome. We had antipasto to start and I could eat that forever. I had Osso Bucco for the main which was yummy. Everyone really enjoyed their meals.
Tom and I have been together for 18months as of yesterday so it was nice to go out for a nice dinner.

Today we played soccer and it was such a beautiful day I managed to convince Tom to go for a bike ride along the river. It was a great idea except for the fact that we haven't looked at Tom's bike since we last moved. A few technical difficulties (chain kinked, no brakes) meant that the bike idea was ditched but we got some fish and chips and went to the park at the river.

Triple J's Hottest 100 of all time is on today so sat in the park with the car doors open listening.
Right now it's Foo Fighters at No.9.

Mum, I hope you are practising your French while you are travelling. Where are you at the moment?

xxxxxx


'Technical Difficulties'


Sitting Beside the river


Brisbane in the middle of winter

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for brains.

    I'm obviously at the wrong place.

    Sorry, my bad.

    ReplyDelete