Friday, May 20, 2011

Family weekend...


I'm sitting in bed coffee in hand and laptop where its meant to be, on my lap, perusing facebook and my daughter's blog and her friend Laura's blog and other inspiring and gorgeous blogs and facebook pages.
One of the facebook pages is from Rosebed St Gallery & Studio in Eudlo where I took part in a workshop on Friday morning. We worked out in the garden under a canopy and the day was gorgeous. The workshop is about letting go of preconceived ideas and attitudes we may have about our art and becoming more self-expressive. I feel that this is great for all of life not just my art. There were 6 of us in the class and we worked collaboratively which was different for me. I think what I got from it was a feeling of play and fun and loosening up. Which is probably exactly what I am after as I find my art can be very tight and too 'worked'.
Today my gorgeous girl, Trudy and her partner Tom, are coming for an overnite visit and I'm very happy about that.In a couple of months they will be heading off overseas to Europe for 2 or 3 years and I'm beginning to realize how close it is getting. I will be going back to Canada next April and so we will be closer but I don't know how long we will be apart for in the next few years.
So....the thing is to live in the moment and enjoy our time together now. If there is no rain this afternoon we might go to the golfing range and hit some balls and just hang out and have fun. Tomorrow morning we'll head up to Peregian and have brunch with her brother Al and his partner Zoe...I really appreciate it when I have my 4 kids together...(I call Tom and Zoe mine too...)

1 comment: