Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Day for Art



Its a gorgeous day but I'm still sitting here in bed with the laptop...drinking coffee and looking at my facebook and emails and checking out peoples' blogs...I'm all on my own for 4 days as Don left yesterday morning for Toronto in New South Wales, (10 hours away), to his latest powerlifting comp with his mate Ted. I have a lot of art planned and maybe also a trip out to see friends and a walk on the beach..but nothing is set in concrete and I can change it all if I want..
I painted these little 'planets' to cut out and add to a small collage in progress. I'm working towards entering another exhibition and this time the works wanted will be smaller scale. So another focus for me with my art. I can become quite scattered otherwise and not really have any goal in mind and sometimes just think what the hell and just give up and go and do something else. I know I am extremely fortunate to have this good life with lots of time to use for my art..when I was working fulltime it was really difficult as I was so tired all the time.
The first photo is the flyer for my first ever exhibition!! Well, its not actually all about me..but it is the exhibition that I have one small piece in. The painting that I showed in the last blog post has also been accepted for the online auction to raise proceeds for Japan. I really liked that painting but the photo doesn't show it very well. I had to take it out to the gallery so they could see it in the flesh too and they said the same thing...it was a lot fun to paint.
So....off to create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment