Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In my home.

This painting was an attempt at a traditional subject (teacups and saucers) using a modern method...I had a lot of fun with it. Its actually a lot more colourful but difficult to get a good photo.
I have an 'altar' at the front door...it is intended to protect the people in this home and I have this angel above, the small buddhist statue in front of her from Thailand via Trudy and Tom and a large wooden Buddha which was my mum and dads' and must be about 50 years old...will post a photo of him soon. Also on the altar is this little doll from Japan I have had since I was a girl...It is also a repository for any natural elements I find out in the world...eg rocks, leaves, seedpods etc. I have a feather tree in place at the moment.

And my birthday roses from Don. I love them...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks...I'm having a lot of fun with this camera..trying to use the manual settings but of course its going to take a while to learn them..xo

    ReplyDelete