Friday, May 25, 2012

I need COLOUR

 This is my art table..yep it probably looks like a junk pile and it sort of st but the junk is good junk and it all means something to me and I love it...I cut a cork pinboard to fit the big silver frame but it is not attached at the back so when I push the pins in it all falls apart...lol..need to remedy that...and the kitsch shell map of Australia had to come back with me from an Aussie op shop...and my collection of botanical prints on the wall is growing...love love love those.
 Some soft pretty colour that jumped out at me...this was originally a picnic basket although not very sturdy...I removed all the daggy old fabric lining and stuck the whole thing in the bathtub for a good soak and then out into the sun to dry off...it is now all clean and fresh...and in the same op shop was this vase,
exactly the same colour and so lovely..it is old and in perfect nick. There are lots of flowers around here so it will be full soon and in the meantime it just looks great on its own with my other few little pieces of bright china...

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing your art table! The Aussie frame is great! Those are both perfect, I wonder if they were from the same person who went through a turquoise phase then got over it?

    ReplyDelete