Thursday, May 10, 2012

It is bleak outside but nice and cosy in here.

 Since arriving back 3 weeks ago, the weather has not really been friendly to us...this photo is typical of what it has looked like from our balcony...out there somewhere is a river and a bridge which on a good day is a lovely view. But it makes art and reading and listening to music very cosy pastimes...and I was lucky enough to buy some lovely old books from my first church sale for the year.
 This is the collection I found...for about $5...a lot of them were in one box for $1.50. It was a real lucky dip...the old Medical Dictionary, (below), was what I was after but the church man asked me if I would just take the whole box so I was happy to oblige and then found quite a few new books in the bottom...most of them really interesting. One on buddhism for Don..he has been wanting one since we got back...Funny how things work out..
 This cover is beautiful and the book itself very thick...It has an extremely long convoluted title and finishes with: "by men who have had great experience, and are acknowledged authorities in their various Departments." Good to know.
 The little book on the left is a book of maps and somebody's newspaper cutting from the last war was tucked inside..
 The green book with the red spine is Selected Tales by Guy de Maupassant...from the 50s and the set of school music books - The High Road of Song, are also from the 50s...
 These pics are from the Teacher's Art Manual on the right a couple of photos above..it is a gorgeous book...I could have put every page on here to show you...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of these! Can't wait to go through them with you! Oh imagine the journals we can make. I really want to do some paper stuff when we are together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete