Thursday, May 3, 2012

Life starts again..

 Normality is returning slowly..I spent some time in Westboro the other day, wandering through my favourite art gallery, drooling over the gorgeous works which I cannot afford at all but can appreciate at least and found this little gem right outside on the light pole..I loved it.

 I have begun spending money at the thrift shops and consignment shops which abound here and are chocablock full of great finds...This box is some sort of letter box maybe in a church for internal newsletters etc..it is very cute and I love it..not sure what I can use it for but who cares?

 First painting: a woman inspired by an old black and white print of my dad's. I forgot to take a photo of the print...I wanted a feeling of mystery and movement and not a skinny barbie doll type figure...hence the large body.It is collaged in the background and now some layers of colour have been added..the body needs lots more details.
 And.....my first heart this time back...

No comments:

Post a Comment