Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Weekend

I've had a lovely weekend, exactly what I needed.
Everything has been feeling a bit rushed and hectic lately, especially with work being how it is at the moment.
I really needed a weekend with some time to do what I needed for myself.

Friday night I met Laura in the city after work and we had sushi, had a wander through the city then headed over to Paddington for a look at an exhibition called 'Desperate Spaces'. The artists were all given a pack of paper and had to produce artworks which would then be for sale, all for under $100. There was some amazing stuff and some not so amazing stuff but just being there and talking to Lau about art really inspired me.
I came home and started paper-cutting, pulling out some frames I've been collecting and thinking about a body of work I want to put together. I stayed up till midnight to watch the Netherlands game (Hup Holland!) and fell asleep at half time.

Saturday I saw the physio and he gave me my running program, I ran this morning and it hurt so much but at least it's possible now. Recovery seems so much more real. It has been 7 months since I last ran, pretty scary.

Saturday morning I went and picked up Ash and we went and saw Sarah at Stevo's, ran into Laura and then came back home and Ash hung out with me while I baked.
I bought a new cookbook, Gluten Free Baking - it's fantastic! I need to buy a bread tin so I can make some of the bread recipes.


I made blue cheese and rosemary savoury biscuits. Rich but yummy.


I also made a roast in the slow cooker on Saturday, it was yummy but a little dry, will do a roast in the oven next time. I also served it upside down, took us awhile to figure out where the meat was. I'm learning!


Saturday night was lovely, Tom and danced in the kitchen to Blink 182 and watched The Losers, fairly entertaining.

Today was rummage day again, I picked up Hollie and we went into the city. I bought 3 very cute dresses at rummage.




Hollie and I went to James St for sushi then checked out the RSPCA op-shop. It was really nice to hang out and we had some lovely chats.

This afternoon I watched our soccer team go through to the finals and now it's Sunday night and tomorrow it starts all over again.

I am definitely counting down towards our holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment