Sunday, September 19, 2010

She gets smaller every time I see her

I'm so glad I went over to Stanthorpe this weekend.

(Tom found your sunglasses in the glove box)

Nan was very cute. She was so glad I was there and was very responsive. I told her lots of stories about monkeys and elephants in Thailand.


I told her all about our plans to move OS next year which she loved. Tom explained to her where his uncle lives in London who we will stay with and she knew the suburb.
I can imagine how hard it is for Tom, to him she is just a tiny old lady who stares at him with bright blue eyes and doesn't speak. For me, I can imagine how she would respond and what she is trying to say so it is a lot easier to have a 'conversation'.

She loved hearing news about Alex and Dad as well. I told her we are trying to learn Dutch but it is hard.
I told her that your French from Switzerland was coming in handy in Canada and she was very happy with that. I told her I wanted to go to the Cinque Terra and she said that was her favourite spot of all. She also likes Scotland more than England.
I really miss being able to have a proper conversation with her. I can't imagine what it's like for you.
Today she wouldn't wake up when we went to visit her, Tom said maybe it's nicer for her when she's sleeping.



Penny's place is looking lovely, her flowers are looking beautiful. They had a hail storm this week so she lost a bit of her garden.










This is Penny saying hello to Lou.



The weather was freezing, perfect for afternoon naps.


We stopped at our favourite second-hand shop in Warwick. It's closing down! lucky I got to shop at the 50% off sale!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this...all the detail is so wonderful..thank you. Tommy is a good person..I loved your photos..you are getting really good. Nan looks pretty cute doesn't she? I'm really happy you went too..xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post, i love reading your stories so much. thank you for sharing all the photos and loveliness. you are so lucky to have these beautiful people in your life. yes tom, you're beautiful. :) xx

    ReplyDelete