Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thrift shop Tuesday

So as it is Tuesday, Donna picked me up at 10.30 and we headed off to find lots of treasures. First stop was Finders' Keepers...a consignment shop in Crystal Beach. I really like the shop and have found a few special items there. Today I bought a bag of sewing ephemera...ie a needle book, an old tape measure and some other odds and sods to sell back in Oz. Then off to Sally Anne's..which is the Salvation Army shop on Moodie Drive. It is a big place and we go there every Tuesday - it is seniors' day and so Donna gets 20% off everything...I found a bag of crepe paper ribbons..funny cause I had just last week bought some brand new rolls from Walmart..this bag has completely different colours in it though...some old and faded which is even better. I picked up and put down a very pretty old water jug too. But I didn't bring it home as I am getting embarassed about the amount of china I have collected so I'm trying to be fussier with it.
After the salvos we drove over to another consignment shop..don't remember the name but I bought a small chrissie gift there, can't say what. Michael's craft shop was next and I walked out with a bag full of fun stuff for under the tree. I almost bought a couple of lifelike crows...all the Halloween things are out and a lot of fun...the crows were great.

Donna needed to get to a particular bead shop and that was in the city so we got on the Queens' Way, which is the big fast 4-lane freeway, and 5 minutes later got off at Bronson Street, turned left and right into Bank Street and just a couple of blocks down we found Sassy Beads. There was some parking around the corner and the meter had 35 minutes left so we took off and found Donna's beading wire she wanted, then stopped in a couple of other places and I bought another small xmas gift and then headed back to the car and found out we still had 35 minutes left!! The meter was broken so we went off to Second Cup and had a coffee before we headed home. Got home about 4.30 through pretty busy traffic.

Tonite Don and I had no food out for dinner so we went down to Theo's and I had my yummy quail dish again...yummo. Then we headed over to Wallymart for some vitamins and more ziplock bags for my kits and came home...nice day.

Forgot to say that Donna arrived this morning with a bagfull of old postcards, sewing patterns, handwritten recipes...very old and some old kids' books for me for my kits...the bag is bulging with good stuff...she is a nice friend.

3 comments:

  1. that sounds like such a nice day. Can't wait to see all your goodies!
    I loved all the detail. I can imagine you zipping around Ottawa!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallymart hehehe, that name never even occured to me, love it!!

    Your recount of your day is delightful Louise. Sounds like your days are filled with wonderful friends and crafty goodness.

    Sarah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how gorgeous. loved this post. donna sounds like a lovely lady. x

    ReplyDelete